Wednesday, November 26, 2008

War on the Streets Mumbai

Just got home, but before I got here, I’ve got a horrible news. Mumbai is under a terrorist attack, and this is the worst of it’s kind.

I’m afraid, that this is not going to end soon. I feel it’s not an attack, it’s a War. And it has reached to our doorsteps.

It’s not a serial bomb blast and it’s aftermath. This is a war on streets. Something that ‘normally’ happens in Baghdad or Kabul or Jerusalem or Shrinagar, Something that we ‘often’ witnessed on television, has suddenly become a surreal actuality.

I can’t take my eyes off the television. I’m searching through websites. I tried to call my colleagues who’re in the field. But then I don’t know what I’m going to speak.

The terrible thing is that I’m totally blank, just living in real time- keeping an eye on what is happening and trying to recollect, trying to process this information.

Only one thing that I know is that I’m going to have a sleepless night.

No comments: