Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rain is here!

It rained today! It rained today!!!
Last night itslef I wrote how much I love the Rain, and it rained today! oh can't believe it!

Somehow, I've never missed the season's first rain in Karjat. Year by year, I desperately wait for that summer evening, when everything suddenly gets cool with the eastword winds, when a sudden dustbowl makes the air gloomy and when all the things get charged up with the pitter-patter of first rain... Every year, I've experieced it, and yet everything, it seems totally new to me. Every year, I've celebrated it with greatest of joys... sometims with friends, sometimes alone... but I had never missed the first rain in Karjat.

This time though, I was sure, I'd be missing it. Reason? well, got too busy with myself, my job and daily up-dpwn to Mumbai. I was sad, I'd miss it ll. But I was wrong, the Rain Gods proved me wrong and I'm glad about it.

It's first week of June, and we nirmally get the pre-Monsoon showers by end of May. this time, it took a week more. the whole of May went dry, making it worse to keep going.

But today, I had a day off and it rained! as if, rain was waiting for me to be in karjat... nice co-incidece, isn't it?

Oh how refreshing it feels now! The First rains, it's very hard to explain about it, you have to experience it. Really, there is nothing like the firsty rain.

No comments: