Monday, June 30, 2008

End of Pain for Spain...

"Sometimes people mention those that are merely there,

but to be merely there is not enough.

A final must be won, because the one that comes second is forgotten.
We have to win it."

- Luis Aragones, Coach of the Spainish National Football Team.


On the Football pitch, nobody but Spain knew how it feels to come second, third, or fourth. Let it be any big tournament, but the Spainsh were always tagged as the 'perennial underachiever'. But that tag is now recycled for at least another two years.


I'm not an expert of the game, not even a big footie-fan. But I can say that this spanish squad has a lot of talent, and most importantly, the spirit of a winner. I guess, it must be because of Aragones, a very assertive man in the match. and in Iker Casillas they have a great leader. Casillas, the captain who is a skilled goal keeper, is really an agressive player. (and a really cute one!) I'm happy that finally Spain got a title under their belt.


But I'm really feeling sad for Germany. I liked their team but they lost. You know, it still pains me that Ballack lost. You know, It was a hard match for me for my heart was with Germany but my brain was with Spain. ultimately Brain won! but I'm not heartbroken. ;)

No comments: