Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beauty of the Beast- Monsoon as I saw today.

Sometimes, one gets confused, whether to listen to heart or to brain. Well, with me that happens quite often. And most of the times, I go against the call of my heart. (Arrogant Janhavee! Such conceit about herself!)
Today, I did the same and got punished once again. It was raining hard since last evening and Trains were not on schedule (well, when do they? ) It was too gloomy in the morning. I was not at all feeling like going out. But I went and got stranded near Badlapur. (and then had to return home, when I really wanted to go to work.)
Now you'll say, 'what's new about it? people in Mumbai get into such situations quite often.' Yes, they do, but not me. Never befor this year, I got into any problem during the monsoon. But this time, twice it rained hard and twice I suffered. And that was very bad (See I'm still sneezing, God Bless!)
Still, my love for monsoon is unmoved. And so, even in today's deludge I found some beautiful moments. Just wanted to share them with the world. ( okey, okey, over to pictures- I've already typed a lot of words. ;) )
......................................................................................................................................................................
1.
From the Sinhagad Express- near Badlapur, the visibility was really very low...
2.
That's a stream into the River Ulhas...

3.
And the Overflowing River Ulhas- at her full force...

4.

Can you spot Mountains in these pictures? They are somewhere near the horizon...




5.

That's Matheran Hills surrounded by clouds




6.

Somewhere in these clouds is the famous Ashane-Koshane Waterfalls (at Bhivpuri Rd., Near Karjat) can't spot it at all, such was the downpour



7.

That's me in the train- tired because of all the mayhem yet happy to be with the nature . I was shievering with cold still standing in the wind, height of Monsoon madness.

(In the back-drop are hills outside Karjat, which are obiviously lost somewhere in the clouds! )

8.

And Finally, when the skies opened up.... lights and darkness, scenery and machines- the Monsoon at it's best...


It's just the start of July, Monsoon is going to stay. and I'm going to enjoy... But got to go now, need a lot of rest.

No comments: