Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back To "Life"

When you are a child, you think less and get hurt and still you are happy.
When you grow up, you keep thinking so much that you just can't enjoy.
So, once in a while, it's required to be a child again...
and that is what I did in these two days. I had an off from work and I've done a lot of things- a lot of silly things... :) I walked for miles, I climbed the hills, chatted with friends, I cooked, I did painting, All the things I wanted to do since days.(or may be, months)
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
My Monday Morning began with sweet sounds from the temple nearby my house, it was Ashadhi Ekadashi, a Festival of the Vitthala. Then I saw the school children's Dindi- a sort of sacred procession to the temple. All little boys and girls were dressed in traditional "warkari" clothes, and were singing "Abhangas" I remembered how I used to do the same in my childhood and then I really felt like joining with them. But I had another things to do.
I then went to Tehsil Office, which is on a hill top near station. My friend Tanuja had some work there. We climbed the pavements carved in stones, You know, I was almost in tears to see the little waterfall almost dried up... But, that was supposed to be so, as the rain-gods are gone on a vacation. :(
Anyways, by the time Tanuja was busy with her wok, I had a walk in and around the 103 years old building (we used to call it "Bhutbangala" when we were lilttle kids, and believe me, I still felt it is not much better than a bhut bangala, the clerks and files there are enough to scare me :) ) I explored some amazing things about the structure. Truely, Great stone-work!
Well, when Tanuja was over with the documents, we almost ran down the hill :) I wanted to take a short-cut, which was a straight slope, but Tanu caught my arm, saying, "Hey, we need to go home safely and unhurt" (well, well, my grown-up friend...)
It was such a nice afternoon! I felt why there are not so good songs for a windy, chilled afternoon?

I returned home and soon I was off to Dahivali with Manasi, another friend of mine. We went to the Vitthal Temple over there, and don't know why but I really felt great. Once left from Dahivali, we just kept walking on an outside road- free of traffic and everything. we passed through several villages and kep waliking and talking (well, I was not actually walking. I was, as Manasi said, bouncing on the road- jumping, flying in my own world) You know, at one corner of the road, amongst the green grass, I saw a beautiful flower. white, little, cute but lonely... (Just like me?)

soon we two realised it was getting dark, so we had to come back to the town.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Today also was a busy morning- a lot of paper-work for bank and all. but afternoon was again a beautiful one. Manasi and me went with Tanuja to help her in admission process.- She's doing MMS from New College in Chandai. believe me, it's such a wonderful place! Green, Green, Green Everywhere... All cool winds, and you know it rained in Karjat today! And we enjoyed that rain on the hill again- Tanuja had some work today as well.
There on the edge of hill, up away from the town, we were standing... we three girls... mesmorized by the nature around... tiny, blinking droplets of rain came head on us... Wind was freezing, but who cares? Just beside the Hill is Karjat Railway station. Trains kept coming and going there.. At a distance below, people were working in the Farm... Over us, clouds were roaring... Noises got together, but what reached to us, was only the music of it...
We three girls... stood there for an hour, looking at the ambiance... I wish I stayed there forever...

No comments: