Saturday, July 12, 2008

Deccan Queen

She's Supercool, She's Beautiful,
She's the Queen, She's Deccan Queen...

I came home by Deccan Queen today. Now you'll ask, what's so special about it? (except that I got home early today.) well, it's everything!

Travelling aboard Deccan Queen from CST to Pune was one of my childhood dreams. Oh don't laugh! We do have such dreams in those days. Once we are grown-up our dreams too, get too complex and too difficult to achieve ( and too painful, too...) But yes, I always wanted to travel in Deccan Queen.
I stil remember how we used to go to the station (somebody used to take us) We used to go there to see the Deccan Queen. We'd be ready to wait on it in the rain as well. Back then, it was such a posh train! I always felt, and still I feel, so proud that once left from VT the Queen stops nowhere but in Karjat...
Back then, it was a really really very beautiful train (and it is still, although it has lost its past glory) I always felt jealous about people who daily travelled by Deccan Queen.
So many new trains have come, but for me, still Deccan is the queen. Whenever I see her, I just feel- What a Train! Such a great history! and great pride! Really Deccan is still the Train with attitude. And I saw that attitude again today. You know, she passes through like a true queen- ruffling away the dust from the platforms after platforms. Today, it ruffled away from my mind the burden of all the thoughts as well...

No comments: