Friday, July 4, 2008

Le Tour Arrive

"Finally the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it. "

- Lance Armstrong in his Podium farewell speech, Tour de France, July 24, 2005

This is one of my favourite quotes. And you guessed it right, why I put it here right now- The Tour De France is starting from tomorrow.

This is one of my favourite event, and I wish to visit France and see it one day. But sadly, since some years, the tour is known more for the doping drama and not for the action...

No comments: