Monday, July 7, 2008

Triumph and Disaster...

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster,
And treat those two impostors just the same... "

These famous lines from Rudyard Kipling's "If..." are inscribed over the player's entrance to the Wimbledon's Centre Court. Last night, they were personified on the same venue. Roger Federer, who ruled over the lawns of SW 19 met with the worst lost of his career, only after putting the best fight of his life so far.


I sort of didn't want to watch the match, but I also didn't want to miss it. The drama the tension... Finally I got to see it and I'm glad that I did watch it. What a Match! On Every point they played, Roger and Rafa poured their heart out (and gave me a heart-attack!)


As an whole-hearted supporter of Roger, I desperately wanted him to lift the golden trophy for a sixth consecutive time. But right from the beginning, Rafa took the control. Everyone called me to tease about Roger's loss. But they forgot, one shall never write-off a Champion of Federer's calliber for just like that.


He not just came up from two sets down, but forced the match to a fifth set. still that was not enough to stop Rafa.


Don't know why, but I didn't feel devastated to see Roger loose. rather, I enjoyed the great exhibition of tennis from both the players. And Rafa might have dethorned him, but for me and for all his fans, Roger is still the best ever and most elegent.


I didn't feel hurt when Rafa lift the trophpy, but it really pained to watch Roger after the losss. angry with himself, but Calm and Composed as ever... So Cute!!!


The End was inevitable, although it came late. It came after four hours and fourty- eight minuits of play, it came when the dusk was falling on Wimbledon's Centre Court. With Rafa's victory, the match ended in darkness but Tennis was shining in the brightest lights...

No comments: